Photograph of Stuart Hall
This symposium with presentations on the theme ‘The Trouble with Research' is a celebration of the success of the recently created Stuart Hall Library Research Network.
Established in January 2013, the Research Network is a monthly meeting place for postgraduate researchers (artists, critics, curators) to present work that resonates with Iniva's vision for visual arts and international perspectives.
The day will include presentations which recognise research and creativity as a practice and process of questioning, problematising, critiquing culture and which engage with some the following areas:
- Stuart Hall's work on culture and representation
- Artistic and/or curatorial practice
- Filmmaking and media analysis
- Cultural histories - local and diasporic
- Literary Studies including criticism and theory
- Researching visual archives
- The relationship between contemporary visual art and cultural politics
CONCESSIONS: For a concessionary rate (students, over 60s, unemployed) enter the code: Iniva_concession on the Eventbrite page for a discounted rate.
NB. please print out your ticket (and present proof of concession) when you arrive at Rivington Place.
|Location:||Rivington Place, London EC2A 3BA|
|Date:||27 Jun 2013
|Admission:||£20 / £10 concession|