Dear Library users and friends,
The library team are looking for volunteers to help. This is an opportunity for:
- those with an interest in libraries
- those with an interest in the politics of race, class and gender in international contemporary visual art
- library school students or applicants to acquire basic library skills
You will gain valuable insights into how a special library collection is managed and organised by working on tasks which may include:
- Giving tours of the library
- Helping visitors with library searching and research
- Indexing and abstracting
- Supporting library workshops and events
- Basic catalogue work
- Collection care
- Archive listing
There will also be a range of other tasks, some of which are quite mundane and some more interesting. Professional library qualifications are not essential, but knowledge of how to use a library and search catalogues is required. We can provide training in library and information work, research skills and related areas. You will need to be available approximately every other Saturday for at least two months.
Lunch and travel expenses up to £10 per day will be reimbursed. Please email Stephanie Moran, Library Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would like to volunteer at the Stuart Hall Library.